- 16 ounces extra-lean ground sirloin or turkey breast
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat tomato soup
- 1 teapsoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine meat, applesauce, graham cracker crumbs and apple pie spice. Form into 12 (2-inch) meatballs. Place meatballs in prepared baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine tomato soup, onion flakes and parsely flakes. Spoon soup mixture evenly over meatballs. Cover and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
For each serving, place 2 meatballs on a plate and evenly spoon sauce mixture over top.
Source: Comfort Foods Made Fast and Healthy, by Healthy Exchanges, King Features Syndicated, Inc. Printed in Tidbits®