Chicken & Woodsorrel Salad
This recipe is equally interesting as egg, turkey, or tuna salad.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken, eggs, turkey or tuna
- 1 cup chopped or minced celery
- 1 small chopped or minced onion
- Salt & pepper to taste. Any herbal seasoning may also be used, including those with cayenne pepper included.
- 1/4 cup mayonaisse (more or less to suit your preferences for moisture and spreadability.
- 1/2 cup minced wood sorrel leaves, stems, and flowers.
Place all this in a bowl, mix thoroughly, and mound on a bed of green lettuce leaves with several crackers around. Or serve as the filling on a sandwich, or as a spread on crackers. Lasts several days in the refrigerator, a great snack.